Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Craigma  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 3, 2023 12:37:37 PM(UTC)
Craigma

Groups: Registered
United States

This subject is frequently discussed, but my situation is different. I have already replaced the individual LED boards inside the refrigerator, total of 5. I purchased control board WR55X38248 from AppliancePartsPros.com and that did not fix it. The voltage across each LED board connector is approximately 2.54VDC. The wiring diagram for the refrigerator specifies 2.8 to 3.4VDC at each LED. I know the LEDs are all in series, so I shorted across each LED to see if any of the others would brighten and they did not. I also ohmed the wires between LEDs and they had continuity (no opens or high resistance). I have not yet ohmed from the end LEDs back to the control board, but the only thing I can think of is there is either some resistance that has developed in the wires or there is another LED board somewhere that I don't know about. Does anyone have other suggestions?

Update: I did find out there is another device getting power in series with the LEDs. There is another set of wires, separate from the LED wiring, coming off the connector that plugs into J14 of the control board. This set of wires is not shown in the wiring diagram I received from GE. The wiring is such that I can isolate this item from the LED wiring and plug the LEDs directly to the control board. The LEDs brightened back to normal immediately! I currently have this item unplugged from the system and have not noticed anything going wrong with the refrigerator. I do have a diagnostic error displayed. It is error code 10, FZ Icemaker Thermistor reading out of range (if applicable). The code is "lo 8d". I'm thinking this device is not needed in this refrigerator because I have a left door mounted icemaker. The icemaker is not in the freezer section. The terminology used by the wiring diagram for the door mounted icemaker is FF Door Icemaker (FF=fresh food). The icemaker in the door is operating normally. I'm going to treat this as problem solved for the time being. I may try to ping GE to see if they have an addendum to the wiring diagram that shows what is really going on. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 14, 2023 11:47:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Updated information

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.