Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hackerfam  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 2, 2023 10:52:15 AM(UTC)
hackerfam

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a 5 or less year old Whirlpool dryer, model number WED5620HW0 electric dryer.

Recently the dryer started doing this high pitched squeaking noise that was super annoying. Everything worked, it was just this annoying noise. I ordered a belt because that's what we thought it was. Replaced the belt and it was still squeaking!

Greased some parts, put it back together, and it was just fine! No more squeaking.

Washed 2 loads of laundry and had no issues. Very quiet. Everything was great.

My child washed their blankets and probably had it too overloaded, I'm not sure if it dried at all, but it was not completely dry when I went to remove the blankets. I restarted the dryer and the air was cold. I had already had another load in the washer that I need to dry so eventually I took those first blankets out and put in the next load.

There was no heat no matter what setting I used, I had to dry everything basically on like a fluff setting, I didn't change the setting though, but this was how it seemed to be drying with no heat, just air. The items are not cold, but they are not warm at all and it takes hours and hours to get the items dry.

Then after so long, the dryer started squeaking again, and it was continuous, whereas before the squeaking had been intermittent.

My partner thinks the problem is the motor for the squeaking ($75-$345 depending on the site) and the heating element for the heat ($50-$95 depending on the site)

Can anyone help on what the problem could actually be?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.