Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dieselgg  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2023 4:01:12 PM(UTC)
dieselgg

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I have a Kenmore Elite Canadian model front loader 110.44832 200 and during the rinse cycle I believe, it displayed error code F09.

I will remove the lower access panel and check the filter. If it is clean , where do I check to see if something is blocking the drain hose and preventing the water pump from removing water? I assume remove the hose from behind the pump?
Could it be a defective pressure switch (water level switch)?

After I cancelled the cycle, no lights were displayed and water was being pumped out of the washing machine. When I opened the door, the clothes were still wet of course. So I selected the Rinse/Drain button (11 minute cycle) and it finished with no error code F09.

Regards,
Gus

Edited by user Thursday, October 19, 2023 6:04:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dieselgg  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2023 8:24:49 AM(UTC)
dieselgg

I found a couple of objects in the pump filter. Not sure if they were big enough to cause a partial obstruction, but I guess I'll found out during the next wash cycle.
dieselgg  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2023 11:37:01 AM(UTC)
dieselgg

I just finished a load and no error code F09. So far so good. I will keep an eye on it.
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2024 7:44:43 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have a 110.42822.201 and it did the same as yours.
After checking the pump outflow and cleaning it out the problem continued with intermittent F09 but consistent wet clothes after spinning on Heavy Duty & Whitest Whites cycles plus 2nd rinse & extra spin selected.
Had the repair tech out today and he says F09 means overflow but he was unable to replicate my problem when he interrupted the cycle then restarted it on drain & spin.
As soon as he left I ran a load and sure enough, another F09. So I removed the wet clothes and checked- no sitting water to account for F09. Finished the cycle and clothes were wet.
Then... I ran the clothes through drain and spin on its own cycle and it worked!
Based on this I'm wondering if the Central Control Unit (CCU) or Motor control unit (MCU) or the wiring harnesses are malfunctioning.
I called them back and he's booked to return next week, but I heard second hand he called my washer a boat anchor, lol.
At least for now I have a hack for it.
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2024 7:56:27 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have a 110.42822.201 and it did the same as yours.
After checking the pump outflow and cleaning it out the problem continued with intermittent F09 but consistent wet clothes after spinning on Heavy Duty & Whitest Whites cycles plus 2nd rinse & extra spin selected.
Had the repair tech out today and he says F09 means overflow but he was unable to replicate my problem when he interrupted the cycle then restarted it on drain & spin.
As soon as he left I ran a load and sure enough, another F09. So I removed the wet clothes and checked- no sitting water to account for F09. Finished the cycle and clothes were wet.
Then... I ran the clothes through drain and spin on its own cycle and it worked!
Based on this I'm wondering if the Central Control Unit (CCU) or Motor control unit (MCU) or the wiring harnesses are malfunctioning.
I called them back and he's booked to return next week, but I heard second hand he called my washer a boat anchor, lol.
At least for now I have a hack for it.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply