Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Barb  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2023 6:52:20 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I recently purchased new door gaskets (part WR14X10305) for my French door GE refrigerator (model PFSS5RKZASS). I removed the old gaskets and installed the new ones by pressing them into the grooves. They seem to seated well. Immediately, I noticed the right door is much easier to open. Not that it was hard to open before, but there always seemed to be some resistance. My fiancée told me she thought a magnet was missing, but I had read through all the repair stories and no one ever made mention of magnets. It was always just pop out the old, pop in the new.

About a week in to using the new gaskets, I’ve found that there is cold air coming out the bottom of the refrigerator and frost is building up inside. A little further googling indicates that there are indeed flexible magnets inside door gaskets. Clearly I didn’t notice them when I threw away the old gaskets. How can I make these new gaskets work properly? I’m surprised magnets don’t come already embedded. Is there a certain type of magnet I should acquire?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.