Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jebradl  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2023 12:12:52 PM(UTC)
jebradl

Groups: Registered
United States

I recently purchased a replacement motor from one of AppliancePartsPro's online competitors, and the motor I received has a wiring block to connect the wiring. The motor on my dryer has each of the wires going to various locations on the motor, and it does not have a wiring block. The competitor offered no assistance in how to get this wired, so I have requested an RMA to return the motor.

The replacement motor that is pictured for my dryer on AppliancePartsPro shows that it also has a wiring block to quickly reconnect the wiring. Is this terminal available and instructions as to how to wire it available from AppliancePartsPro? Or instructions as to how to wire the motor? Or, is AppliancePartsPro going to be like their competitor and say, "We don't offer any technical advice. We only sell the parts."

The dryer is a Kenmore 110.86581110 from about 1985.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jebradl  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2023 3:34:11 PM(UTC)
jebradl

United States

Additional info
The Kenmore Dryer, circa 1985, is model# 110.86581110 with motor# 695095. The old motor has each wire with a 6.3mm fenmale spade connector connected to the motor. The replacement motor that I was sent has a wiring block. Each has a numbering scheme on the motor. Is the numbering consistant from the old motor to the new one? would be happy to crimp on a couple of new connectors, as the wiring block has 3.2mm spade connectors. (And the wiring plug wasn't sent with the motor.) A picture of the motors is at the google drive link.

https://drive.google.com...0MnrPdMQKp9d79Ikkdg/view
jebradl  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2023 2:07:54 PM(UTC)
jebradl

United States

Well, having gotten no responses, I decided to follow the numbering to see if it worked, but found that I don't have to do that. In looking at the picture, I see where one of the hookup wires has been rubbed through and is making contact with the mount of the motor. The burned area is visible in the pic. So, I'm going to repair that wire with a couple of layers of heat shrink and electrical tape. (If it looks like there were any strands of the wire damaged, I'll replace the wire all together.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply