Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FamineLD  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 21, 2023 4:54:57 AM(UTC)
FamineLD

Groups: Registered
United States

I noticed that the food in my freezer had slightly thawed. I initially just thought it was because we had been in and out of the fridge so much the previous day, but I put a thermometer in the freezer and left it for a day without opening the refrigerator or freezer section. The next day when I checked the thermometer was reading 32 degrees Fahrenheit. I thought that the evaporator had possibly frozen up, so I took everything out of the refrigerator/freezer, unplugged it, and left the doors open for a couple days. After this I plugged it back in and waited a couple days. The freezer again refused to get below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. I checked to make sure the condenser and evaporator fans were both blowing and confirmed that they were. I then cleaned the condenser coils completely. There was no improvement, so I bought a couple new thermistors and replaced the thermistor in the refrigerator section and freezer section. There was still no improvement, so I added a service port and checked the low side pressure which is between 0 and 1 inHg vacuum, which seemed reasonable. Next I ordered a new control board, installed it, and programmed it to the code listed on the refrigerator. There was still no improvement, so I decided to pull the back panel from the freezer to see if the evaporator was covered in ice. There was a small (maybe 2"x2") section of ice right where the low side pipe enters the evaporator, but none anywhere else. I used an IR thermometer to take readings across the evaporator. I got a range of readings from -10 to -20 degrees Fahrenheit, which seemed like what I would expect. Some additional information: the refrigerator does not run continuously, it comes on runs for a while then cycles off like you would expect a refrigerator to do, it was originally in my garage but I have since moved it into the house where my HVAC is set to 73 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm at a complete lose for what else could be causing my problems. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.