Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2023 1:04:45 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I just was given this Speed Queen washer with model number AWN63RSN115TW01 and s/n 1803045602 that I cannot get to start . The previous owner said it might have a problem with the control panel or the motor or the pump. I was also given an extra lid lock switch assembly which may or may not be defective. I took the hoses off the pump and found a large wad of material inside which was preventing the pump from turning. After it was cleaned out and the hoses reconnected I was able to get the unit to fill and pump out one time. That ruled out the motor as a problem. The settings used were lowest water level and cold water only. When I tried to activate it again the panel display shows a lid lock red light (blinking) and the rinse blue light(blinking). No matter what I try I cannot get the cycle to start. Can anyone shed some light on this problem . ? All wiring is intact ands shows no signs of shorts or distress. The lid lock switch appears to be very touchy ? HELP !
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

#2 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2023 1:09:45 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

The correct s/n for the machine is 1803046802
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 23, 2023 10:48:59 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Since I last posted to this column I decided to try a different approach to this problem. In checking all connections again I found an intermittent connection at pin H2-5 White wire where it is in an 8 pin connector plug and in turn is hooked on to the upper control panel which is called AP 1 Hybrid Control. By wiggling it I was able to get the unit to turn on and run a cycle. The 8 pin connector is part of a jumper harness about 5 inches long. Although it is designed for 8 pins only 7 are utilized. The metal part of this one single pin connection is damaged and the harness will need to be replaced if possible. The other remaining section of harness goes down to the inverter board labeled AP2. I was able to move the rest of the main harness slightly to make it fit and work. Hopefully I can purchase this short jumper harness from Speed Queen. Also the lid switch near the back of the lid was jumpered as I consider it a funky setup and not reliable. If anyone has ever seen this connector problem dont replace the control board unless and until you check these tiny connector pins on the 8 pin connectors first. Although I finally got this unit to work I think it is a poor design on the part of Speed Queen. Pictures of the work are available if someone wants to see them. contact me at this e-mail address jaybird@mtco.com Tom H
#4 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2023 6:02:58 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Today the local Speed Queen dealer was contacted about the short jumper harness in question and he in turn contacted the factory to get a p/n for it. They have told him it does not exist! I have it on my desk and it does exist ! Someone in the Speed Queen organization made a change to the wiring and it was used but apparently not documented. I will move the circuit board over on the mount to allow the harness from the bottom of the washer to be used w/o a jumper harness. Being an engineer for 50 years and working on electrical systems and wiring on heavy mining trucks I have been involved in such changes and it took a while for the engineering documents to catch up to the actual connections. Working on the machines in the middle of a jungle with no other help available makes a person resourceful to get these million dollar machines back up and running !
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply