Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 1, 2023 6:06:27 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Greetings! I have a Whirlpool top-loading washer (the model is WTW4816FW2) that won't go into the Spin cycle. It will go through the Sense/Fill, Wash, and Rinse cycles, but just suddenly stops when it reaches Spin. I put the washer in Fault/Error mode and it indicated a basket speed fault. I then checked through the list of potential causes, but I'm having a hard time determining the exact cause.
Everything except the Tachometer seems to be fine. There are no issues with the drive system, the rotor, impeller and basket rotate freely, the wire connections are all firmly in place, the shifter and motor give proper readings on a multi-meter, and the belt is in good condition and properly installed on both the motor and basket pulleys. The washer can go into Spin and Agitate through the Manual test mode.
When I performed the Tachometer test, it didn't seem to register. I spun the basket very slowly in both directions and it didn't show anything on the cycle lights. I also put it into calibration mode, which is stated to last about 4 minutes (if I'm not mistaken) but stops about 30 seconds in.
Would anyone have any advice on what I should do next? I can't seem to see anything that's obviously wrong or out of place. Is there anything I'm missing or anything I'm doing wrong?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.