Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ivel50  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2023 11:15:10 AM(UTC)
ivel50

Groups: Registered
United States

I am trying to help my nephew with his gas stove.

He has not used it in 2 years and I want to help him but no appliance repair shop near us (Prineville Oregon / Bend Oregon) will even return calls for the last 2 weeks. I know it is busy out there, but man. Frustrating.

I have taken to scouring forums looking for answers and it always seems to come back to the same answer of the temp sensor in the oven?

I get the oven temp sensor regulates what is going on in the oven, but how would that sensor know what is going on with the 5 burners on top?

I have been testing it. Pick any burner and turn the knob. You hear clicking of the starters and that burner flames to life with full flow. Looks good. 5-10 seconds later it just sort of fades away and the burner is off.

If you immediately attempt to start a different burner, nothing but clicking of the ignitors.

Wait 1-2 minutes and then try that same burner again, boom, big beautiful flame for 5-10 seconds.

Since the same thing happens to all burners it has to be some sort of global sensor that is not detecting the flame and shuts off the gas for safety.

Could it be that sensor in the back of the oven? I just am not sure and was hoping someone could guide me.

I do appreciate when people who are unsure of things respond, but is there anyone that has seen this EXACT behavior and know how to fix it? I am ready to order whatever part is needed.

Thank you.

Joe
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.