Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jonny comfort  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2023 7:49:11 PM(UTC)
jonny comfort

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a 3 year old Frigidaire Gallery side by side refrigerator. We use a lot of ice and water at our house. So, three years in, it stopped dispensing water and stopped making ice. Through reading up online, I saw that a common fix for this is to replace the water inlet valve, so we did. This fixed the problem for almost 2 months.

Then, one day, I tried to dispense water, and a grumbling noise came from the back of the fridge, and just a very small trickle of water came out. The ice maker too, when trying to get water into it, the same thing happened. I checked it all out again, and bought a second valve just in case. This time, the problem was traced to the connector for the water filter inside the fridge. We replaced that part, and now we have water dispensing as we should. But, the ice maker is a different story. When I turn the ice maker on, as it goes through its cycle to fill up the tray with water, the water comes out the water dispenser hose in the door, and NOT into the ice maker.

First thought, the hoses were not correctly attached. But the one to the ice maker is a smaller diameter than the others, so it must be in the correct spot. Second thought, if the wiring connectors on the valve are swapped and in the wrong place, then the water dispenser would not work correctly. Has anyone ever seen this before and is there any fix that you guys know of?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.