Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
John  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2023 2:01:10 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I run a bookshop in a large commercial space in Northeast. There is a 900 sq.ft. apartment in the rear where I also reside year round. Here’s the situation:

A portion of the kitchen was dedicated to house a washing machine and a gas dryer. Both were brand new and installed in 2013…… but NEVER USED.

This was because we ran out of funds to run the costly copper tubing all the way around the 90 x 67 foot building to reach the dryer, since you can’t take a short cut and run propane it inside. Even if I used the washer and then drove several miles with wet clothes to get to a laundromat just to use their dryers it would be a big pain especially during the winter.

So, the washer has remained hooked up, but never turned on. Recently, I was able to acquire a portable electric dryer and that works fine as it uses the same chase to vent up through the roof. But now, it would be nice to actually use the washer, which btw is a Hotpoint G156 Model: HTWP10000M2WW.

In researching what to expect by starting this 10-year old machine, the concern on the forums I looked at seems to focus on machines not having been properly protected when put in storage. But in my case, it has never been put in storage since the building has always been heated. So, the worry about deteriorating belts and corrosion of the electronics would seem to be moot.

I’m thinking that I would want to perform a quick test to see if there has been any blockage within the water hoses or the drain hose. So if did a quick “Rinse Only” run, would that be a risk and / or is there any other aspect to consider? I just don’t want a flood!

Thanks - John
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.