Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lou_S  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2023 2:28:37 PM(UTC)
Lou_S

Groups: Registered

Update: more forum reading and it seems that a number of folks have had issues with the transformer(s). Any way to test them easily without removing? Thanks!

Lou

I have a GE monogram ZISP480DXBSS where the overhead LED light panel is out in the fridge. Back shelf lights work. tested the switches (there are 2) with a meter. Checked the circuit breakers under the kickplate. All good.

The switch on left probably controls the overhead LEDs. I measure only 1.3 volts feeding it with the wires disconnected. I assume that's too low, is that right? If so, anyone know the location and part number for the board that feeds it and presumably needs to be replaced?

Thanks!
Lou

Edited by user Wednesday, May 31, 2023 3:23:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Lou_S  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2023 9:43:29 AM(UTC)
Lou_S

For those interested. It was the LED transformer. Not one of the two round ones in the tray under the fridge, it actually was the square transformer mounded to the underside that can be reached once the tray is removed. You need a right angle, ratchet Philips screwdriver to get at this unless you want to pull the fridge out and tilt it backwards.

You can unplug both sides of the transformer and test for an open circuit with a meter before removing. My secondary coil tested open. I also showed no AC coming into the power supply circuit board which is easily reached on top of the fridge. That was the clue.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 7, 2023 9:44:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2023 5:41:36 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thanks for your post, my fridge exhibiting exactly the same symptoms. Will check transformer.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply