Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2023 4:29:11 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I was given a Speed Queen top load washer for possible repair that was reported to have a water leak under the wash tub. The model number is AWN412SP111TW01 with s/n 1010022909. At first inspection the leak appeared to be coming from the tub to pump hose. It was removed and inspected but no cracks were found. Upon further inspection a significant leak was found in the bottom of the tub near the spud tube at the bottom of the tub where the hose is attached. The wash basket, agitator and other internal parts were removed for further inspection. The bottom of the tub adjacent to the drain hose tube was rusted badly and several large holes were present. An attempt has been made to use a liquid rubber product and a metal plate on the inside and the underside to repair this tub. The liquid rubber product is supposed to work miracles on roof leaks, etc. The metal plates hopefully will give this machine a little more life as it is about 13 years old. Of note is the fact that the rusted out sections are only near the drain hose spud opening. If anyone can offer some info on this type of failure on a Speed Queen top load washer and my repair procedure I would appreciate comments
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.