Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
crp0499  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2023 3:02:19 AM(UTC)
crp0499

Groups: Registered
United States

Maytag model: MVW7232HC

We had a house fire. It was small, contained, BUT, our washer and dryer are covered in soot. The dryer is working fine and none of the hoses, wires, etc are singed, burnt or anything like that. After wiping the soot off, the units look new with no obvious signs of fire damage.

As I said, the dryer works fine.

The washer however is giving me some grief.

When you plug it in, it comes on normally. You can select a cycle and press start and the lid is functioning normally as well. The issue is the drum does no spin and it sounds like the motor is binding up. I hear it humming, like it's under load, but you know how these washers begin this slight spin when they are "sensing?" Well, this one is not spinning. It actually sounds like the motor begins to spin, but then locks up.

I have looked under the washer and it's as clean as when it left the store. Not soot, no burned wires...nothing. Also, when water is attached, and you press the fill button inside the washer, water runs just as it should.

So, I guess my question is, does this washer have some sort of motor lock or something I can reset or check to see if it's locked somehow?

The units are new and I hate to lose them if it's something minor I can repair myself.

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.