Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
working_on_it_85  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 29, 2023 4:45:17 PM(UTC)
working_on_it_85

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi, our fridge/freezer was getting very warm, and I replaced a number of parts over a few days. Prior to this, temps were reading fine on the digital dash display at the top of the fridge.

First, I replaced the evaporator fan motor in the back. At that point, I also used a blow dryer to thaw out the HUGE amount of ice inside the freezer on the coils.

I turned it on overnight to see how it went at that point while waiting on parts - Fridge and Freezer both read 55 degrees, but got down to temps overnight. All ok.

Today, I replaced the defrost heater, the temp sensor in the defrost compartment, and the defrost thermostat. I plugged in back in and in the digital readout in the fridge, it said the fridge was 47 (seems right) but that the freezer was 0 (!). I found online it would read -9 if it weren't connected correctly - is that true?

Apparently (as I just found out) there are also two other sensors in the fridge and freezer I didn't replace. Would it be possible that me replacing those parts today caused the other temp sensors to be wrong? Do I need to replace those as well? Is there a timing thing or "big temperature" difference thing going on? The fridge / freezer are on and slowly cooling, but if the temps don't reflect reality, will it just stop cooling when the fridge is up to temp?

Thanks! It's just disappointing because the temp display is now wrong, but I didn't think I affected that sensor. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.