Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2023 6:38:21 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
GE Dishwasher model GDT695SSJ2SS that will load water in the tub but then never starts the cycle to actually agitate and wash the dishes. All lights on the top are still on and it will count down through the entire cycle on the timer, the soap dispenser will open at the appropriate time but nothing else ever happens. Does not drain at the end, just ends and shuts off and acts like it washed the dishes but when you open the door the soap is on the side of the door, water in the bottom and dirty dishes.

At the end the dishes will be hot. You can start and then cancel and it will drain out the bottom.

I have checked the filters, the drain pump, and the control board on the bottom of the unit. The filters and pump are clear of debris and the control board is communicating with the input board on the top of the unit. My disposal is also clear of any blockage. The sink next to it still has excellent water pressure and the water is plenty hot.

Any ideas on where to go next?

The unit worked fine on a Thursday and then the very next day did this.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.