Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
atlantic  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 31, 2023 12:42:43 PM(UTC)
atlantic

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi,

I have a GE PT970SR3SS microwave/oven comb. The microwave suddenly stopped working while it's heating foods. Nothing is displayed on dashboard. However, the oven is still working fine.

I thought it's a fuse problem so I chatted with a Pro at AppliancePartsPros.com. I described the problem I have and asked whether it's a fuse problem. The Pro told me it's a control board problem. She said if it's a fuse problem, the dashboard will still display something. Because the control board is expensive, so I asked whether I can return if I purchased a control board and it won't solve my microwave problem. The lady didn't answer. Since she didn't say no so I assume I can return the part. Therefore, I ordered the part at $191.66 totally. After I received and replaced the board, the microwave still doesn't work. So, I chatted with a Pro again. The Pro sent a second board to me since she thought the board I got might be defective. The second board didn't solve the microwave problem either. However, I measured the fuse and the fuse is ok. There is current on the black wire to the board when I used a non contact voltage pen to test.

Today, when I asked a return, I was told the electrical parts can not be returned after it's installed.

Honestly, if the Pro didn't tell me it's a control board problem with such a confidence , I wouldn't buy the board at all. Lessons learned!

Any idea what could be wrong with my microwave?

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.