Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
larbs  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2023 5:29:30 PM(UTC)
larbs

Groups: Registered
United States

Our Maytag lat2915aae will fill up butdoes not agitate. Then it drains, fills up again and sits until it drains and will spin at the end. Ive ordered the lid switch assembly and installed it. I have the belts but have not replaced as the belts on it seem fairly new and the machine does spin at the end. Im leaning toward replacing them anyway. At this point I am not really sure what to do next. Any help would be appreciated. the wiring seems tight and secure. No visible damage. I hear things clicking as it progresses so I think the control panel seems fine.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2023 2:15:09 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
When the washer is supposed to be agitating... is it making any noise? Like the motor running or is it silent? (these washers run the motor one direction for agitation and the opposite direction for spin)

If its silent, that means the motor isn't running. It could be a bad connection or bad wiring. It could be the motor has a burnt out winding. It could be the timer has a burnt contact inside it. If it has a speed selector switch, it could be the problem.
larbs  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2023 4:10:33 PM(UTC)
larbs

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
When the washer is supposed to be agitating... is it making any noise? Like the motor running or is it silent? (these washers run the motor one direction for agitation and the opposite direction for spin)

If its silent, that means the motor isn't running. It could be a bad connection or bad wiring. It could be the motor has a burnt out winding. It could be the timer has a burnt contact inside it. If it has a speed selector switch, it could be the problem.

all i hear is clicking from i believe the timer. no humming or anything else.

with the spin it really makes me want to eliminate the belts. We are currently renting and moving in a few months. I have the basement overran by my comic business and honestly the landlord, or us, bringing in a new unit is just too annoying to deal with at the momen do to logistics of moving stuff around.

im not buying a new motor. with the situation if its looking like a motor ill just use the laundromat for the next couple months
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply