Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ShawnDS24  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2023 9:08:24 AM(UTC)
ShawnDS24

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello, I have a 10 year old Whirlpool Duet electric dryer. At first the dryer did not run at all. I replaced the control board and then the y dryer would turn on and run but I had no heat, I then replaced the following: Heating Drying Element, Outlet Thermistor, High Limit Thermostat, Thermal Cutoff Fuse, & Thermal Fuse but I still have no heat. I purchased a new heating element and before I installed it I checked the continuity with a digital multimeter. I set the dial to the 200 Ohm setting and put the probes to the heating element nodes but it read nothing on a brand new heating element. When I turned the dial to other Ohm setting I still got nothing until I put it on the 2000K setting. I installed the brand new heating element but I still have no heat. Does anyone have any other clues of what to do next? Or do I just need a new dryer? Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.