Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dayboys  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2023 2:09:04 AM(UTC)
Dayboys

Groups: Registered

Hello! I've been working on my Moms dryer and am out of ideas to what is wrong. It won't heat up. The first thing that went out was the belt . I replaced that and it worked great again, then the heat stopped. Here is the list of what I've replaced so far:
*Inlet temp. thermistor
*Mica heater
*4 different parts that are all called the dryer thermostat in different locations.
After 3 of them , it worked for about a day, then stopped heating again.
I purchased the thermal fuse and the part that it goes into but can't find where it goes anywhere in the dryer. On the diagram it's with the back panel.
I've had it tore down completely 3 times and
I have never seen it. When I have looked online for where it is, it says it's in where the cord connects in the back. But it's not in there. I've tested the outlet and it's good.
I can't think of anything else and haven't found any more info on the web.
I tried to put it in diagnostic mode but I don't know if this model has that. It was a different model that I found it on and thought it was worth a try. The model # is GTD65EBSJ3WS .
Thank you in advance for any help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2023 10:39:47 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I am not real familar with this GE dryer but there are several areas that can be the problem. Sounds like a few of these have already been replaced. Do you have a schematic of the wiring ? If not you need to find it and that will give you some help to find the location for the thermal fuse. On most clothes dryers however if the thermal fuse is bad the dryer will not start at all. If you are able to dismantle the dryer further you should look at the heating element which may be shorting out . This element on the GE units is a series of coils behind the rear face plate . Good luck
ThatGuy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2023 10:13:01 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I'd suspect the control board. I'd bet one or both of the heat relays has burnt contacts inside. That might explain the intermittent operation. Did you say you replaced the heating element? Basically you need to test for 240 volts to the element.

Thermal fuses open and that's that. Usually that means the dryer won't work.

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply