Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dharar  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2023 11:34:33 AM(UTC)
dharar

Groups: Registered
United States

I have an old whirlpool washer LSQ9549LW1 that isn't spinning, it only agitates. I replaced the basket drive and drive block hoping that was the problem. It didn't help. A friend who repairs appliances told me the strange noise it was making was probably the transmission. I replaced that and it would spin when I tested it, and I thought it was finally fixed. Then when I put a load in, it agitated like normal but wouldn't spin anymore. It was back to the same issue, it won't spin even without clothing in it. I checked the clutch that came with the basket drive and I was able to move it so I replaced the clutch lining with one that had 6 pads, it didn't move at all when I tried. But it still did the same thing. It spun when I tested it but it didn't spin when I ran it with clothing or now even without clothing, it only agitates. I thought maybe the spanner nut wasn't tight enough so I put the spanner tool and hammered it to get it tight but it didn't move. The drive block still had the 2 tabs in properly so I guess that isn't the problem. Any help with this is much appreciated. It is driving me crazy.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.