Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2023 1:32:02 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have a 5 year old Maytag mhw3505fw and yesterday I went to start it and it would not run. It locked the door and started draining but nothing else was on the screen and I could not cancel the cycle or unlock the door. I unplugged it several times and tried to hold down the cancel and power button but nothing. It would just start draining with nothing coming out. I finally unplugged it and left it overnight. This morning it was the same thing so I did some research and found that I could press the press the temp, soil and spin buttons 3 times and then the control panel would come on. If I pushed soil twice it would stop draining and I would get a code C00 and when I pressed power it would reset everything but then start draining again.
I found a video on how to manually unlock the door and unplugged it and did that and it stopped with the draining and it seemed normal again. I ran a load and it got stuck at 8 minutes remaining and kept draining. I had to hit the pause button and then restart it and it dropped to 1 minute and finished the cycle.
After this I did a rinse and spin and it went just fine with no issues. It drained and unlocked when it was done. Again, I started a new load after this and it went fine but at the end it kept draining and the door locked button was flashing. I pushed the temp, soil, spin buttons 3 times and then the soil button twice and I got the C00 code and held down the start button and the door unlocked and it was fine.
What is my issue? Do I just hope it does not happen again or is this a sign of a bigger issue that would be fixed by replacing something?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

John
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.