Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DJW000  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2023 10:05:34 AM(UTC)
DJW000

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a GE GSD900D-02 dishwasher that looks and runs perfectly, but periodically it leaks a little from the bottom center of the door. I replaced the gasket and corners seals, and upon doing so, noticed a 5" gap where the gasket does not meet in the middle. Strangely, this leaves a gap that is about 1/8" wide and 5" long in the middle of the bottom of the door where water can escape. When I bought the gasket on this site, I see that other people are experiencing the same problem and question this gap as well. It makes no sense on how you can leave an opening like this and not expect it to leak. I looked on the exploded view, and have not seen a filler for this area. Anyone have any helpful information? I'd greatly appreciate it!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 5, 2023 2:12:30 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I know very little about GE dishwashers, but the video on this page shows something there.

https://www.appliancepar...t-wd8x229-ap2038861.html

This part on amazon says that other people bought two additional parts with their door seal, including this part... WD08X10015

https://www.amazon.com/G...oor-Gasket/dp/B00LGUDWGM

https://www.amazon.com/G...d_i=B00LGUGGJC&psc=1

Will this work... I have no idea.
DJW000  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2023 3:27:13 PM(UTC)
DJW000

Groups: Registered
United States

Thanks for the info. I did replace the full gasket, and the two corner inserts, but apparently, my machine is not suppose to have that center insert. I did some further investigating and that gap is intentional. It seems crazy, but GE leaves an air gap in the bottom of the door on this machine. I don’t know why, but the inner plastic panel of the door is vented and this gap allows any water that might get sprayed up behind the panel to drain back into the pan of the washer. I guess they figure that since the sides of the tub curl up under the door, and this gap overhangs the tub, that chances of water escaping is slim (but apparently can happen).

I checked the float switch to make sure the unit wasn’t overfilling, and I also checked the water level after it filled (all checked ok). I did notice that the machine was not level. It leaned to the right a bit, and slightly forward. I leveled the machine perfectly and ran it again without the toe kick and motor cover on. Although I saw some steam come out around the air gap, not one drop of water escaped. Either the problem is intermittent, or it is finicky about being level. I hope it’s the latter.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply