Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ccalderon70  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2023 9:09:40 AM(UTC)
ccalderon70

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a Maytag Neptune Stacked Gas Center. It's a great model and does good work, unfortunately recently it stopped working. I'm a father of 5, and we use unit heavily, but it's a work horse and love it. The issue with the unit is that when you put towels inside, I turn the knob to heavy, max extract, and cold water. As soon as I hold the start button for 2 seconds, the unit starts adding water, I can hear it, however I don't hear it rotate (spin). After a few moments, the unit is doing nothing. I can't hear the water pouring, not spinning, just stops, then the start button turns off, moments later the door locked light turns off. I open door, I see water underneath the towels, the top of the towels are dry. But the unit just stopped for no apparent reason. I rotate the knob to spin so it can drain the water, but it doesn't. So I decided to fix it, if I can fix industrial size copiers then I can take a crack of this. I changed the wax motor everyone keeps talking about, I opened the top where the main board sits and looked and looked at resistors, checked everywhere and saw nothing burnt, especially that R11 and Q6. Everything looked good in shape!! After I changed the wax motor, I believed it was going to work. However with great disillusion and disappointment it didn't work. :( One thing I did notice this time when I rotated knob to spin, is that it rotated about 2 or 3 times, I believe it was coming out of the rinse cycle. But in a nutshell, unit is not spinning. If anyone can give me some guidance, greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by user Monday, January 9, 2023 9:22:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.