Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
maxxam864  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2023 12:11:00 PM(UTC)
maxxam864

Groups: Registered
United States

All,

I am new to the site so thanks in advance for any input I receive.

I just acquired a new condo that has a "gently used" Kenmore Elite Top load washer. As we went to run the second load load we noticed a water leak. I removed the rear panel and found no leak new the bottom. As I tried to reproduce the leak I found it was coming from the top so I removed the top panel that provides access to the water inlets and into the plastic manifold and found the leak was coming from one of the hoses that connects to one of the ports on the manifold. I removed the hose, fixed the rubber washer/grommet, lowered the water pressure intake and reconnected the hose.

After all of this I did some testing and it appears the water leak went away. However, it seem I either created a new problem because the washer will not agitate properly or it was there all along.. It's not working and now gives a new error code. The code looks like a reverse 88 (in LED line format) but the bottom right leg of the 8. So it looks like a reverse 9 and 8. I cannot find this code and I'm stuck.

Can anyone tell me what this pertains to? Can the washer be reset and if so how? Whenever I run diagnostics I get codes back but I'm not sure how to decipher them.

Does anyone have any input?

Max

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.