Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EmitRDetsaw  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2023 11:16:21 AM(UTC)
EmitRDetsaw

Groups: Registered
United States

The door lock switch seems to be the "go to" remedy for this symptom, however, the oddball symptoms might indicate otherwise. Here we go:

1. Unit won't power up unless the unit is unplugged and the start button depressed for eight seconds and then plugged in again.
2. When the unit is plugged in again, the unit powers on immediately and can be used for one complete wash cycle.
3. when the unit finishes the complete wash cycle, the door lock switch releases and the interior light comes on, but doesn't go out until I repeat the unplug/press start button for eight seconds/plug back in sequence.
4. The power cord plug sparks when plugging the unit back in.
5. I can hear the door lock switch lock and unlock properly when the unit is being used.

I'll order a door lock switch today if that is the likely cause, but the thing that gives me cause to pause is the interior light not going off until it is unplugged and the start button getting pressed for eight seconds. That is the unique symptom that I haven't found in any troubleshooting descriptions or YouTube videos I have come across.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.