Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Conesus  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2022 10:50:49 AM(UTC)
Conesus

Groups: Registered
United States

I am looking for a wiring diagram for a Whirlpool Duet GHW9150PW1. It is putting up a F05 error code. I pulled the temp sensor and the resistance values with temperature are close to spec. There is not heating element in this model. I suspect a wire harness fault (not much else there) but would like some sort of diagram to start checking things against.

Any pointers to a wiring diagram? Lacking that, where do the two black wires from the temperature sensor terminate?

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Conesus  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2022 11:52:48 AM(UTC)
Conesus

United States

Fixed. I found a broken wire at the bottom where the zip ties had been pulled too tight and had worn the wire in half over many years.

Troubleshooting procedure I used:
1) Removed top of machine (three bolts on back) to access the controller.
2) Pulled off the two connectors that had two black wires in them. The temp sensor harness is two black wires.
3) Measured resistance at each connector between the two pins. First one was low ohms, <10. Second one was open. Expected for the temp senor would have been in the 10k-30k ohm range - not low ohms or open.
4) Used ohm meter in buzz mode to determine that one of the wires in the second connector was zero ohms (good) and one was open (bad).
5) Visually inspected connectors, they looked good.
6) Clipped zip ties to extract connectors for a better look and found broken wire at second zip tie in the bottom of the machine.

Spliced, soldered and heat shrink to fix. Verified from the top with ohm meter and got about 17k ohms.
wilsonjiaho  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2022 6:19:15 PM(UTC)
wilsonjiaho

Canada

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good job!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply