Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
flossy21  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2022 12:26:17 PM(UTC)
flossy21

Groups: Registered
United States

Our U-Line Beverage/Wine Cooler recently stopped cooling. It is model #U-1175BEVSS-00

We purchased this unit new from Ferguson in 2015.

I reached out to U-Line and was given a list of local companies that supposedly do repair work but each of them has said they do not work on these units. This was a $2,000+ unit when we purchased it new back in 2015 timeframe.

With the help of Youtube videos and online research I've done some basic troubleshooting. The interior light is working. The unit is plugged into an outlet. The digital control panel inside the unit seems to be working normally. The condenser fins are clean. The condenser fan is running fine. The compressor seems to be running. I can feel it vibrate and it feels warm to the touch. When the unit is plugged in and compressor is running I can plainly hear the sound of liquid moving through the evaporator panel in the back of the unit if I open the door. There is no evaporator fan on this unit.

I unplugged the wire that goes to the thermistor inside the unit and both the compressor and condenser fan stopped. When I plug the thermistor in again they both start up again after a few seconds.

I'm guessing that it is low on refrigerant but this is a sealed system so I have no way to confirm without installing a bullet piercing valve and buying a Freon gauge.

I am probably going to try and install a bullet piercing valve and charge the system. It's <$50 in cost and might save this thing. Have I missed anything here?

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.