Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2022 11:31:05 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi, I was wondering if anyone would know what this is.
My Maytag Washer mod# MAV208DAWW only agitates
During the spin cycle. Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mistybart  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2022 1:06:59 PM(UTC)
mistybart

Groups: Registered
United States

I have been having all kinds of problems trying to figure out what is going on with my Maytag washer. I've been watching Youtube videos and reading info., etc. I know they talk a lot about possibly needing a shift actuator. You might want to look at that. Also, is your lid locking and staying locked? That was another thing they talked about. We ended up taking out our agitator and cleaning it. We found coins down there and so we got all of them too. Just making sure it is clean and nothing is stuck there. It was good to get it cleaned up. Unfortunately, it did not help our problem. Did you run a code check? It should give you numbers/letters-like F5, and then that is supposed to tell you what needs repair/looked at. Sorry, not very helpful. I would say you need a new shift actuator, but that's just based on the little I know. Good luck!

My washer starts, but it takes forever for the lid to lock, but it eventually does, then, my agitator starts moving, and then it clicks to go to the wash mode and you can tell it wants to input water but I don't get any water. It just goes back to sensing, and then back to wash, and then back to sensing, and then a few minutes later it tells me my wash is complete. The lid light blinks forever after that and it takes a good minute for my lid to lock. We have put a new water inlet valve on, we've checked the hoses, the valves, etc. We cleaned the agitator, and now maybe we do need a new one, but looking under that washing machine it looks like it can be quite a chore. I have a Maytag Bravos XL top load and it's only 3 years old, so frustrated that I'm already having problems.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply