Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AZSobo  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 4, 2022 11:35:19 PM(UTC)
AZSobo

Groups: Registered
United States

I replaced both inlet valves Sept 2021 with valves I bought from Appliance Parts Pros, the cold water was leaking badly. When I replaced cold, I did hot valve too. Both parts were genuine LG parts.

They've always made some stuttering sound, especially at the beginning of a wash cycle, even when the machine was brand new (very faint sound when new).

Today during a warm wash I heard it, but louder. It is almost a thudding sound when the solenoid is opening and closing, especially during the initial fill. Not sure if it was cold or hot inlet.

I read something online about water pressure possibly causing this problem, while I'm not sure about that, we don't have particularly high water pressure here, I will run a bleach only clean cycle and adjust the valves down a bit to see if it helps.

Does this issue sound like the vavle(s) need to be replaced again?

I do not want a repeat of the leak that happened last year, that was an unpleasant experience to say the least.

Thanks for any input.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.