Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cpaparts  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2022 9:13:24 AM(UTC)
cpaparts

Groups: Registered
United States

Model PSS26PSTA SS

I noticed clean water dripping into the express cool drawer the other day. I see that sometimes you need to change out the Evaporator Drip Pan if you are getting rusty colored water - mine is clean water. so I watched the video and went in to remove the plastic covers to inspect the drip tray and noticed ice build up in the refrigerator (see pictures).

I hope the picture will help in identifying the problem. Visual inspection shows the drip pan is rusty, but NOT full of water and the drain is not clogged and free of any debris.

Cooling in the fridge is fine - solid 37 degrees

In the picture below - There is another foam block with a cover that is not in the how to video, so I have no idea what that is, if I need to remove it to remove the plastic cover to access the coils etc.

I am guessing this ice build up at this height might be something else and not the drip pan.

Thanks for your help

Picture of issue below - I chipped the ice away, but the circled area shows where the ice was

Picture of Icing Areas

Edited by user Sunday, October 30, 2022 9:22:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.