Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
barlav  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2022 12:38:23 PM(UTC)
barlav

Groups: Registered
United States

The ice maker in my Maytag refrigerator (MFI2569VEM1) has stopped working properly. I have taken several steps to attempt to repair to no avail. Best I can tell is that the ice maker compartment is not getting cold enough to allow the ice maker to function but not sure why. Best I can tell is that it is cold enough to freeze but not cold enough to eject/refill. I can force it to work by putting refrigerator into diagnostic mode and forcing the ice compartment fan to run a few times to cool down compartment. After doing that the ice maker works as expected, it dumps the ice, refills and then eventually freezes new cubes.

I performed the following repairs:
1. Inspected coils, all clear
2. Replaced Ice Maker Module Assembly
3. Replaced Ice Maker Thermostat (including Alumilastic Cement)
4. Replaced HV Control board on Refrigerator
5. Verified ice maker fan works via diagnostic mode
6. Verified Ice maker works properly by jumping it. When cubes are frozen it dumps and refills properly after jump starting it with a jumper wire.

The only thing I have not replaced is the ice maker wire harness which I can't imagine is bad since the ice maker works when it's cold enough

I'm not sure what triggers the ice maker fan motor to run but I figured I have replaced everything that is involved?

Any ideas or advice?

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.