Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ronp99  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2022 1:40:40 PM(UTC)
ronp99

Groups: Registered
United States

Easy to see that my leak is from overflow at the injector valve area during tub filling. However there is no leaking when filling just cold or just hot water, but immediate when filling with warm, which increases the volume of water coming into the washer, heading for the tub. I have replaced the injector valve kit and reset the injector valve tube several times to ensure proper insertion of the injector and its tube. So why does it "overflow" at that point on the higher volume of warm water setting?
I am about to buy/install a new injector hose/tube kit, just in case that helps, but I see no issue with the short tubes going into and from the injector valve. It seems there is water backup however to the injector valve connection. I watched the water coming in - and overflow - even when the tube to the tub is taken off the tub top.
UPDATE:
My question WAS should the water be coming in in bigger volume/speed when water temp is set to Warm, or is some washer part supposed to keep the input down to the same speed/volume as if set to just Hot or Cold ?
HOWEVER I have just installed an entire new Injector Hose kit - including the new hoses to and from the injector valve/tube - and the problem seems gone. In summary, it seems the short 30-year-old hose leading to the tub top was unable to handle the higher flow of water to the tub, even though it appeared okay during simple testing. (Some minor blockage or lost flexibility?)

Hopefully this write-up will help someone running into the same issue.

Edited by user Monday, September 12, 2022 11:47:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Conclusion, after new part installed.

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.