Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GregWood  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2022 7:47:25 PM(UTC)
GregWood

Groups: Registered

Model Number: FGRU19f6QFD Refrigerator Only- (It has NO Freezer)

Temperature is 58 degrees giving High Temp Alert on Control unit.

Steps I tried.
1. Compressor is running.
2. Condenser coils aren't dirty and fan is running.
3. Evaporator fan is blowing inside fridge. Lower part of fridge is cold. NO food in the fridge.
4. It has Standard Automatic Defrost. Evaporator coils had a little frost on left side of coils about 3 inches by the thermostat. The rest had no frost.
5. Checked Defrost Thermostat switch for continuity when cold and it had continuity. Tested when at room temperature it was open. It should be good
6. Tested Defrost Heater it had continuity and 25 OHMS. I believe that 25 Ohms would be acceptable from what I have read.
7. I even forced the Defrost on using the electronic control board by pressing the air filter button and the alarm reset buttons at same time for 3 seconds to make sure Defrost was working. Temp went up to 78 degrees. (Confirmed defrost works).

This started yesterday alerting at 58 degrees. Fridge was 48 degrees this morning then all of a sudden it dropped down to set temperature 35 degrees. Then and hour later it went back to 58 degrees.

Looking for assistance on what to look at next. I'm thinking a few things Just don't want to waste money on wrong parts. Could it be any of these below?

1. Electronic Control Board
2. Thermistor (It is not in the top of fridge by the control board.)
3. Run Capacitor - Compressor is running. I read that it helps out the compressor running also after start up.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Greg Wood

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.