Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
A_A_Ron  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2022 11:38:52 AM(UTC)
A_A_Ron

Groups: Registered
United States

Greetings!!

I have a Kenmore Refrigerator model # 363.9768511. It's old but have never had any issues with it until now. We moved 1000 miles recently and it sat in storage for about 10 months. When we plugged it in and it tripped the GFCI immediately. Used extension cord to plug into different circuit and it tripped the breaker. Have attempted to troubleshoot it and found that when the ground wire from the wall plug was disconnected from the fridge body it would work. I let it run for an hour and both the fridge and freezer were cooling. But if I touch the wall plug ground wire to the body of the fridge it will trip the GFCI. Thoughts?? Need more info? Please advise.

Thanks!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.