Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Primary123  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2022 1:40:04 PM(UTC)
Primary123

Groups: Registered
United States

A few weeks ago, the oven broiler element stopped working. Then last week the bake function stopped. Yesterday I looked at the Appliance Parts Pro website, found some parts that could fix the above issues, and ordered new elements, without doing any testing, although I knew that just replacing the parts, MIGHT not fix the problem; no guarantee. I also notice that an oven sensor COULD be the issue. Now, after ordering the parts, putting on the new broiler element, finding it isn't fixing my broiler, I am dropping back, and asking for some help. I have not installed the bake element, but I have read a little bit in the user forum, and have done some testing. Both of the old elements test what I think is ok, so I checked with the meter on the new ones too, and there is not even 1 ohm difference in the old and the new. So before I waste any more money and time installing the new bake element, what do I look for now? I don't know how to test the sensor; read the link given to me by the Appliance Parts Pro tech, but could not decipher how to run the test. This is an Amana range with digital controls and glass cooktop.

Edited by user Thursday, June 9, 2022 7:38:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.