Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
petermbooth  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2022 5:11:39 PM(UTC)
petermbooth

Groups: Registered
United States

I got this washer used for free and was told it was about 6 years old. The washer was not working and when I ran the error code diagnostic, I got five codes! One of the error codes was "mode shifter failure" and the other 4 were ALL "lid lock/switch failure".

I bought and installed a new lid lock sensor and I am still getting all the same error codes. The washer's behavior is that when you close the lid and press "start" it jerks to life, gives two spurts of water and then pauses and the Fill light comes on and then nothing.... I unplugged the washer in the hopes of resetting the error codes, but that didn't seem to do anything.

I found a repair live chat that said if I've replaced the lid lock sensor and I'm still getting 4 error codes that all say lid lock sensor (and the extra error code of mode shifter failure) I might need a new control board.

I thought I would look around here for other opinions. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.