Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Guest804  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2022 7:45:19 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello all,

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SW2 that I cannot get to complete a spin cycle after replacing the bearings/shaft, springs and drum hub.

Previous to the work it sounded like a freight train and was always a bit temperamental on the spin cycle but 6/10 times it would complete with no intervention including on high.

It started after bearing shaft replacement which led to spring replacement and finally drum hub replacement.

Currently it wont event complete a low spin cycle. The drum seems off from the start even with no load. It looks like when it hits a certain speed it just wanders off kilter and smashes around.

I've checked the magnet plate on the stator, run the shaft with no drum to look for odd runout on the shaft and everything looks good. Seems to spin true before it realized there was no basket and throws a code. Rotating the basket position on the shaft doesn't seem to make a difference.

When pressing the bearings back in I noticed the inner metal tube and washer still moved a little bit. Though it felt like the plastic would yield if I continued to press. Verified all the parts were in the right order. watched multiple YT videos of the process and cant see where I would have differed.

I notice in one other video they mention the drum is filled with fluid and that this is supposed to be the case. It makes sense that it would assist in helping balance things in the spin cycle but I've not read definitively that this should be the case.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.