Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tomkarl419  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2022 5:37:11 AM(UTC)
tomkarl419

Groups: Registered

BUMP -

Replaced the water inlet valve. Hasn't solved the problem. I've replaced the ice maker and the inlet valve and still get occasional ice hung up on the ejector arm.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Replaced two icemakers with OEM from Appliance Parts Pros on order 14265233. Ice Maker works great for a couple of days, then I get ice stuck under the ejector arm and the ice maker stops. After clearing the ice, it drops and then will work for a while longer only to do the same thing a day or three later.

Next time, before I clear it, I'll try to get a picture.

Both ice makers are exhibiting the same behavior, so I think it is something else.

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Some History:

I put in a generic cheap (never again) ice maker and it was overfilling, causing all the cubes to be attached together. The new OEM one works better and the cubes come out separated. When it does dump after clearing the jammed ice from below the ejector arms, the cubes are typically attached. Checked water lines for kinks. Inline filter is only 6 months old.

I'm leaning toward replacing the water valve. Can anyone confirm this could be the cause?

Edited by user Wednesday, May 18, 2022 10:02:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Update and Bump

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.