Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Russ  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 17, 2022 3:13:38 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have a kenmore elite fridge model# 795.73132.410 with a 10 cube ice maker. it fills with water and will turn and harvest the ice into the bin. then will reset and fill back with water like it is supposed to. sometimes when it turns to harvest the ice, the ice stays in the mold and the mold twists in an attempt to get the ice to fall out. then it starts making a loud clicking and knocking noise while it twists. it will then just stop and stay in the down position unless i hit the reset button. I have to use a heat gun to get the ice to fall out and it comes out as one big clump in the shape of the mold. in an effort to fix the ice maker i bought a new lg ice maker assembly oem part number EAU60783816 from another online parts company. This was listed as fitting my fridge. but when i got it and tried to install it the harness on the ice maker assembly was too wide and didn't fit into the harness coming from the fridge. the original ice maker assembly had a white harness and the new one had a yellow one if that makes any difference. the company stated this was the correct one listed by the manufacturer. on appliance parts pros i put in my fridge model number and look at the parts for the fridge. it shows LG ice maker assembly AEQ72910413 is what i need. but when i put my model in to the appliance compatibility tool it then states it doesn't fit my fridge. i am completely frustrated any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.