Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Right_to_Repair  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2022 1:54:22 PM(UTC)
Right_to_Repair

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi. Wondering if anyone has some input on this. Last night while using the oven the oven started to beep and I saw the error codes F3 E2 and the top broil heating element was on which I didn't turn on. The bottom heating element was off. I turned the oven off at the breaker since I couldn't turn it off. The knob wouldn't do anything.

Reading here (<-- this is a link), that posted issue looks exactly the same, but I'm not sure. Is this a relay issue? Control board issue? Or something else I'm not aware of?

I don't know the model, and lost the manual. Oven is an old Whirlpool dating back maybe 18 years. For what it's worth. It's one of those glass cook top types. Color scheme is black and white. Black oven door and cook top. I suppose the model is at the back of the oven?

Looking for any input on what could be the issue and how to fix if at all possible without breaking the bank of this Serf. I read the control board is a good monetary percent worth of the price of a new oven which is ridiculous in my opinion. With some knowledge in electronics and computers, I could probably silk screen that board myself and procure the parts! LOL Anyway...

Thanks in advice.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 29, 2022 1:55:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.