Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
someguy78  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 26, 2022 7:58:31 AM(UTC)
someguy78

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a maytag refrigerator model # MSD2542VEW00 built june 2008. Started working erratically november december 2021, fridge too warm things not freezing in the freezer. reading on this website it sounded like thermostat issues.

I replaced the cold control part # AP6006166 (WP2198202)and the defrost thermostat part # AP6017375 (WPW10225581) and all seemed well. fridge and freezer working properly when thermostat set to 3 out of 5. I posted a DIY comment on January 9 when things were working.

Past few days it seemed like fridge not cooling properly again, top of fridge seemed too warm, ice cube tray in freezer not freezing overnite. This am I started hearing a clicking sound from the fridge. I tuned the thermostat to off, than back to max cold. Seemed to be more resistance in turning the thermostat switch and fridge would not turn on even with thermostat at max cold. About half an hour later and it has finally turned on.

Ideas for what is going on? Bad cold control again? Its a brand new part! and installation was simple, I dont think I messed that up.

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.