Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jdavid  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2022 1:10:37 PM(UTC)
jdavid

Groups: Registered
United States

First some background.
I had a problem with the ice maker leaking. I replaced the valve but it was not making ice. I found that water had gotten into the ice level sensor emitter board and frozen.
I replaced the board and it worked fine for two days. Then it stopped working with the light blinking twice. (BTW - I still had the leak).
Figuring the new board may be bad (it happens!), I ordered another pair and replaced them. No change. Still no ice and the light blinks twice.
I just pulled the ice maker assembly and checked the water line feeding it. No ice blockage there and there is water in the line.
At this point I'm flummoxed. The leakage is probably low pressure from the main line (even though it worked for several years before starting to leak a while ago) but it will take a bit of work to replace the saddle valve and get more pressure.
But I can't for the life of me figure out why it isn't working. The only thing I HAVEN'T replaced is the ice maker itself. But when I pulled it it was dry - no ice or water in it. So the problem is it's not being fed water.
I also had the power to the refrigerator off while replacing the boards and tried the "trip the door switch three times to reset the ice maker" but no luck.
So does anyone have any ideas as to what else could be wrong?
TIA.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.