Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RodB  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2022 2:08:20 PM(UTC)
RodB

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool RCC3024GQ2 cook-top. I recently replaced all four infinite switches, but the 8" element still didn't work correctly. I replaced that element, part # W10823698, but it will not turn on; there is no voltage across the heating element yet the power is on: the warm light comes on and the other burners turn on The instruction sheet says if the epic sensor on the new burner is different from the old that the sensor from the old burner should be installed on the new burner. The only difference that I can see is the old sensor has a white coating, the new sensor does not. However, I suspected the burner sensor was my problem because the burner comes on but too low. I did not make the sensor replacement. One difference between the elements: the old element measures about 25 ohms, the new about 40+ ohms, but it is not coming on at all. Any ideas? Is there some weird chance the new infinite switch for this burner broke while replacing the element??
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.