Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mdezrin  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2022 10:53:03 PM(UTC)
mdezrin

Groups: Registered

First, sorry for the long post but I think I need to share the details.

I'm not sure how to reconnect some wires on my GE gas dryer, model DPSQ475GT4WW.

I installed new parts on the dryer:
(1) Lint Chute Assembly (Part #WE14X25080)
(2) Dryer Bearing Kit (Part #WE49X20697) which includes:
(a) top bearing (Part# WE3M26)
(b) belt (Part# WE12M29)
(c) duct trap felt (Part# WE09X20441)
(d) 2-white slides (Part #WE1M504)
(e) 2-green slides (Part #WE1M1067)

All the parts are properly installed but here is where I made my mistakes and need help correcting them.

When I disassembled the door, I documented all the wiring except for 2 cables. Of course, those are the 2 I'm having a problem with and I didn't take before pictures as I should have. There are 2 Black cables and 2 orange (red? - the dryer is 25 years old and the colors may be slightly off). The 2 Black cables have clear plastic male/female terminals and connect with no problem. The orange cable coming from the dryer has a clear plastic male terminal. The orange/red cable coming from the dryer door just has the exposed metal terminal. I'm guessing somewhere in the process a clear plastic terminal came off. Compounding my confusion, I also found a loose 11" orange wire with a clear plastic male terminal on one end and an exposed wire terminal on the other. Other than the 2 orange/red wires (and the 2 Black wires), there is no other place for this 11' wire. My best guess is this wire is an extension to give more slack to the 2 orange/red wires.

The parts I received also came with 2 wires:
(1) 11" gray wire w/a black plastic male terminal on one end and an exposed wire on the other end.
(2) 10" green wire w/a black plastic male terminal on one end and a round wire terminal on the other end.

How would/should I reconnect this?
Assuming Black-Black and orange-orange (I remember thinking I didn't need to label these wires because it was obvious. Now I'm having doubts.

Assuming above is correct, how should I go about connecting the orange/red wires? Lowe's didn't seem to have the right plastic terminals to replace what I'm assuming are missing terminals. Or, is there a way to connect them without plastic terminals? Lowe's didn't seem to have anything similar. The guy said maybe "heat seal terminals" but I'm sure he didn't really know and was just thinking I'd plug my wires into those.

Any thoughts on the mystery 11" red/orange wire that is loose?

Is the orange/red wire coming from the dryer door the ground? Could I take the green wire that came with my parts and use it to replace the orange/red wire on the door and then just simply plug that into the orange cable coming from the dryer? Would I wrap in electrical tape to make sure it stays connected?

Note: all the wires w/o a plastic terminal (the 2 new ones - green and gray, the protrude for clothing loose orange and the red/orange coming from the door) have a metal terminal that has "wings" that help make things tight.

I can't seem to figure out how to post pictures inline or simply attach them. I hope this google photos album works:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mGHMLqxLfXPGL3Jz7

Thank you in advance for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.