Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2022 11:26:52 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Dryer stopped heating after replacing tensioner/idler pully arm assembly after the wheel failed. Reseated the belt and dryer ran beautifully again, except it was not putting out any heat.

With the help of some YT videos, did the following:
- Tested voltage at outlet (246V)
- Continuity check on heating element and related component
- Ran dryer with vent hose disconnected
- Replaced all heating-related components in phases (1. thermal fuse & thermostat on heating element housing, 2. other thermal fuse and thermistor, 3. heating element) and tested dryer after each phase
- Rechecked all related and accessible wiring connections were secure

It has been suggested that I test to see that the heater relay is closing but I'm having a hard time finding (on YT and Google) where the other end of the relay is on the control panel (Samsung DV42H5200)
(UPDATE / EDIT) Tested the heater relay and it appears to be closing properly when the dryer is run. NOT RUNNING black wire to ground is 120V, blue wire to ground is 0V. WHILE RUNNING, black wire to ground is 120V AND blue wire to ground is 120V. Review of wiring schematic confirmed it is the blue wire sending power to the heating element.

Any ideas on additional troubleshooting and/or solutions would be appreciated. Want to make sure I've done everything possible before sinking another couple hundred bucks into a new control board without being sure it's the control board.

Edited by user Sunday, January 9, 2022 12:09:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: new info on heater relay test

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.