Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sh@wn  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 6:50:52 PM(UTC)
Sh@wn

Groups: Registered
Canada

Model Number RF267AFRS
Brand Samsung
Manufacture Date: Jan 2012 (Purchased March 2012)

Hello Experts. I'm hoping you can shed some light on my situation. I have a Samsung French door refrigerator with a bottom freezer. I came home one day to find that the food was starting to thaw in the freezer section while the fridge continues to operate flawlessly for the past 15 days. The fridge is set to 37.4 F (3 Celsius) and the freezer is set to -2.2 F (-19 Celsius).

Here is what I've done so far:

+Defrosted the fridge for 24 hrs
+Removed the ice that was building at the bottom of the fridge (below the cool select pantry)
+Removed ice from the evaporator in the fridge
+Confirmed that the drain tubes are clean, free of debris and flows freely.
+Vacuum a small amount of dust from the coils
+Confirmed that no ice is present in the freezer's evaporator
+Inspected both fans in the freezer. They are functioning when power is applied.
+I cannot test the temperature sensor at the top of the freezer as I don't know where it terminates. The housing appears to be in good condition.
+The temperature sensor attached to the freezer's evaporator reads 0 ohms when there is frost present around it. The multi meter is functional as it changes from infinity (or not measurable) to 0 ohms when I make contact to the wires. I've confirmed that I am making contact with the leads by testing for continuity from the top of the plug to the bottom (same lead).
+The top of the freezer's evaporator is frosted (see picture) while the rest of it is cool to the touch

I then restarted the unit and found that the fridge cools to -37.4F (3 Celsius) within 2 hours and the freezer cools very slowly to 23F (-5 Celsius) after 12 to 18 hours. If I set the freezer to -5.8 F (-21 Celsius) it will actually cool to 14F (-10 Celsius).

I looked up the warranty and it says: 10-year parts warranty on digital inverter compressors. I'm not sure if that covers the refrigerant / sealed system?

My next step would be to replace the temperature sensor in the freezer but I'd like to get your thoughts before proceeding.

Thanks in advance

Home handy man :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.