Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
try2repairguy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2021 6:57:53 AM(UTC)
try2repairguy

Groups: Registered

WHIRLPOOL Dryer Repair Kit (27 Inch Wide Dryers, Thin Twins)- AP3109602 (4392067)

Received part, double checked that this was the right part number for my dryer. Ripped dryer down, replaced included drum rollers (no problem there), replaced included tension pulley (no problem there. However, the belt that was included with this order seemed too small. I couldn't get the belt to wrap/configure around the motor pulley and tension pulley according to the manufacturer's specs. No matter what I tried, it just wouldn't fit. Had to rip the dryer back down again and replace with existing/old belt. Dryer works fine now, no more noisy clattering. What, if anything, did I do wrong? I extended the spring on the tension pulley as far as I could and couldn't get the belt to go around as shown in the tech sheet that came with the dryer. Originally, I did what was the simplest - around the motor pulley and around the tension pulley but once the weight of clothes was added to the dryer, the drum would not spin - not enough tension on the belt. Again, I tore the dryer down again and replaced old belt. Thanks!

Edited by user Thursday, December 9, 2021 6:58:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.