Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chainplate  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 9:13:32 AM(UTC)
Chainplate

Groups: Registered
United States

On Thanksgiving morning, my wife turned on our 5-year old GE double oven and instantly it started beeping, displaying an 'F97' error code. The oven would not come on. A quick search said that it was either the fan or the fan sensor but the search also revealed that some people had been able to bypass the error code by running the oven in the 'cleaning' mode for a few minutes (one guy wrote that he prayed to Jesus and that fixed it). The cleaning mode trick worked (I didn't try praying to Jesus) and we had a successful Thanksgiving dinner.

However, I did order the recommended parts and they came in the day after they were shipped. The replacement of the fan and sensor was relatively straight forward although I did have to remove 41 screws to get the job done. After everything was reassembled, I tried the oven before returning it to the cabinet. Much to my dismay, I instantly got another 'F97' error code and the oven shut down.
I took everything apart and closely examined the work I had done but I couldn't find anything that I could have done wrong. I reassembled the oven (again) and retested it. This time I received no error code(s) and I assumed it was evil spirits playing tricks on me. The oven works normally now.

Appliance Parts Pros did a great job with the exception that as I was ordering the replacement fan, the website suggested two different sensor boards so I ordered both. As it turns out, the oven only uses one fan sensor board.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.