Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
puppy10014  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 9:23:07 AM(UTC)
puppy10014

Groups: Registered

Hi all :)

Kenmore model #110.88752796 - bought in 2008 and has held up wonderfully since then with about 2x a week loads. About a year ago, replaced the washer lid switch, dryer push to start and dryer door switch - all went great. The only other issue we didn't address at that time was a sporadic mid cycle washer stop (maybe 1 out of every 5 times) that would be fixed by a quick turn on/off pull and push once or twice.

Fast forward to last night, I put a heavy blanket in to wash and came back to find a full drum of water and the cycle stopped pretty early in the process. Manually drained the tub, and as soon as it was mostly empty again manually set the knob forward to spin etc and it started spinning as normal - thought everything was fine.

Then went to do a small test load - but it stopped after filling. Ugh! Since then have not been able to get anything else to work other than fill. Manually advancing the knob does nothing - no sound except one time I did hear a buzz of it "trying" to work. Otherwise silent.

Flipped the breaker, tried the 6x lid reset trick which I don't think applies to this one but nothing. Dryer works fine. Dedicated breaker. Drum seems normal, moves freely, feet seem normal/nothing off balance etc. No leaks.

I'm afraid the timer is shot. Any steps I'm missing or other things I can check? Have the panel open and connections look fine - attached picture.

Thanks!

timer
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.